Jesús Francos Rodríguez joined MGA in the year 2006 as a senior associate, and has been a Partner of the firm since 2014. Before joining MGA, he worked 4 years for the firm Pereyra & Asociados.
Mr. Francos holds an international specialty in Administrative Law, the field in which he generally focuses, along with taxation, constitutional, telecommunications, fair competition, civil, dispute resolution and others.
Within telecommunications, Mr. Francos has legally represented telecommunications providers in multiple administrative proceedings held before the regulatory entity, concerning the use and administration of the radio electric spectrum, fair competition, and interconnection contracts, among many others. He has also participated in the legal team representing importers in the first research of dumping and protective measures carried out in our country by the Commercial Defense Commission pursuant Act No. 1-02 of Unfair Trade Practice and Protective Measures.
On constitutional matters, Mr. Francos had the honor of being part of the legal team that won the country’s first interpretative ruling on constitutional matters.
In the field of taxation, he has assisted and legally represented the first cases in which the Dominican Treasury made ex officio determinations on the basis of rules of Transfer Pricing.
Mr. Francos has written several articles for the magazine Gaceta Judicial, has participated as panelist in seminars related to administrative law, and has taught Certification courses regarding legislation administrative and taxation.
He’s part of the roster of arbitrators for the Alternative Dispute Resolution Center of the Chamber of Commerce of Santo Domingo, and a member of the Justice and Legislation Committee of the National Association of Young Entrepreneurs.
- Masters in State Administration Law (Administrative Law), in Universidad de Salamanca, 2009
- Masters in Corporate Law and Economic Legislation, Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra –PUCMM-, 2006.
- Bachelor’s in Law, Magna Cum Laude, Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra –PUCMM-, 2003.
- Certification Diploma on International Business, Universidad Complutense de Madrid and from Instituto Global de Altos Estudios en Ciencias Sociales, 2012.
- Certification Diploma in Arbitration and the Judicial Branch, Escuela Nacional de la Judicatura and Camara de Comercio y Producción de Santo Domingo, 2013.