Mergers & Acquisitions
Mergers and acquisitions are complex business transactions that require, in most cases, the participation of a team of lawyers who can provide a multidisciplinary and practical service, prepare, not only to ensure a successful transaction, but also to anticipate the potential risks that may arise for the client during and after its completion. At MGA we assist our clients from the initial stages of a merger and/or acquisition, with the processes of due diligence and structuring of the transaction until all matters of the post-closing have been completed.
Our team of lawyers works to provide a practical and proactive approach in order to generate options for the most efficient legal structures and achieve the goal of our clients, as well as managing and completing administrative and governmental processes related to the approval and completion of a merger and / or acquisition.
Our team of mergers and acquisitions is often engaged in the following services:
- performing due diligence processes (“due diligence”) and representing both potential buyers to identify contingencies and the most appropriate transaction structure, as well as representing the sellers to prepare “data rooms” and adapt the legal documentation of the company before the closing of the transaction;
- structuring transactions of sale and purchase of shares and assets, including participating in the negotiation process, generating and managing schedules and tables for the distribution of tasks, company incorporations, drafting of documents, proceedings for obtaining permits and certifications of no-objection from government institutions or third parties;
- structuring of transactions involving purchase and sale of shares and assets, including drafting and participating in the negotiation process;
- due diligence process (buyers or vendor’s) addressing regulatory issues concerning the potential buyer, such as FCPA compliance;
- leveraged buyouts;
- joint ventures;
- shareholders agreements; and
- general corporate counseling.