Melissa Silié Ruiz joined the firm in the year 2015 as junior associate and since January of 2019 is a senior associate.
Graduated on 2011, is graduate in law from UNIBE, Summa Cum Laude with the highest score of all graduates been recognized as valedictorian. LLM in business from the University of Manchester and LLM in Public Administration (IGLOBAL-University of Salamanca). She also has specialized studies on regulation and antitrust such as the Intensive Course of Antitrust by ProCompetencia and BID, and Course of Regulation and Antitrust by the University of Valladolid on 2018.
Her practice areas include business, administrative law, antitrust, arbitration, securities, finance, consumer law, civil litigation, among others.
She has had the opportunity to represent economic agents in more than 4 cases before the antitrust authority. Likewise, she has assisted clients with a wide arrange of transactions of mergers and acquisitions, negotiation on the termination of distribution agreements protected by Law No. 173-66, restructuration of companies including family companies, among others. Recently she has collaborated in cases related to the securities market and new technologies.
She shares her private practice with teaching on antitrust and has collaborated with different publications some of which have been recognized. Is member of the Legislation and Justice Commission of the Association of Young Entrepreneurs (ANJE) and the Board of the Graduates Circle of UNIBE.
- Administrative Law
- Finance and Securities Market
- LLM in International Business and Commercial Law, University of Manchester, United Kingdom. (2013-2014).
- Master in State Administration Law (Administrative Law) Instituto Global de Altos Estudios en Ciencias Sociales y Universidad de Salamanca (2016-2018)
- Course on Regulation and Antitrust, University of Valladolid (2018).
- Bachelor of Laws, Summa Cum Laude, Universidad Iberoamericana –UNIBE-, 2011, Valedictorian
- Instituto Global de Altos Estudios en Ciencias Sociales and Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Diploma in International Business Law (2012).
- National Commission for the Defense of Competition and Inter-american Development Bank (IDB), Intensive Course on Economic Competition Law, 2015.